In this specific event:
- Riding off the track, trail or path is forbidden even with carrying the MTB.
- Only the 839 symbol (ridable area) is allowed to ride off the track.
- In France, one drives on the RIGHT side of road. Therefore riders must ride on the RIGHT side on all roads and tracks.
- Overtaking slower riders should be done by the LEFT.
- IOF MTBO competition rules 2016 valid from 1/1/2016: http://orienteering.org/wpcontent/uploads/2010/12/Competition-Rules-for-IOF-MTB-Orienteering-Events-2016.pdf
- EMTBOC competition rules valid from 1/1/2016: http://orienteering.org/wpcontent/uploads/2010/12/2016-EMTBOC-Rules.pdf
- International specification for MTBO Orienteering Maps 2010.
- Special rules for MTBO World Cup 2017 (not available yet).
Time keeping system
The punching system used in all competitions will be SPORTident.
Everybody should provide the number of their SI cards with the entry.
SI cards can be rented from Organization.
Doping is strictly forbidden. The IOF Anti-Doping Rules apply to this IOF World Cup MTBO. The organizers of World Cup MTBO are dedicated to supporting the anti-doping authorities in their work.
Doping controls may be carried out any time during the competition period. As some sites for the doping controls may be a few minutes’ drive away, we suggest that athletes are prepared at all events to take along some dry clothes to change into after their race.
Doping tests are always carried out in accordance with the procedures described in the WADA International Standard of testing.
Athletes who are selected for the doping tests must bring an official identification (with photo) to the doping test area. Accreditation cards with photo can also be used for this purpose. The athlete should also bring along their therapeutic use exemption (TUE) if applicable. In general, it is advisable that the athletes bring along their ID to all the competitions and events.
Please consult: http://orienteering.org/anti-doping/